This position is responsible for providing hardware and software support for networked computers. Job Duties/Responsibilities: 1. Assists in maintenance, installation, upgrade, general repair and operation of any of Windows-based personal computers and printers.
2. Implements, maintains and supports various networked applications packages such as Microsoft Office, Access, Internet Explorer and FireFox.
3. Troubleshoots client-use issues such as network printing, networked PC workstations and applications.
4. Provides technical support to clients while working on the VCC Help Desk.
5. Performs other related duties as required. Job Duties/Responsibilities Part Two:
Required Qualifications: Education and Experience
- Completion of 2-year College diploma program with specific training in computer systems (hardware and software) and over 1 related experience or an equivalent combination of training and/or experience may be substituted for the required qualifications.
- A+ certification.
Skills and Abilities
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively as a member of a team. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff and faculty.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to handle potentially difficult and delicate situations with tact and diplomacy. Ability to function professionally and pleasantly during periods of high stress.
- Experience in front line computer hardware maintenance.
- Experience with computer operating systems, in particular Windows 7 and higher, Mac OSX and Linux.
- Knowledge of common desktop application packages (e.g. Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook and web browsers).
- Knowledge and experience configuring and troubleshooting mobility devices including but not limited to cellular phones, and tablets operating with IOS, Android and BlackBerry operating systems.
- Fluency in oral and written English to Grade 12 level.
- Ability to keep up with rapid pace of technological change.
- Reliable, self-motivated and self-starter.
- Able to perform some medium to heavy lifting.
Supervisory Responsibility: Days and Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, 7:30 am to 3:45 pm. However, hours may vary according to the needs of the department.
After training this position will be required to participate in the Saturday shift rotation.